Jan 23, 2019
As an employer, it is difficult to know exactly what you can and
can’t do when you suspect an employee is intoxicated at work. We
asked the following questions from Barry Crushell an Employment Law
expert at Tully Rinckey in Ireland.
- What process should you follow?
- Can you ask your employee straight out if they have been
- Are you allowed to discipline them in some way?
- Can you force them to take a drug test?
- Are you allowed to have random drug tests?
- What disciplinary action can you take?
- What are the other things to look out for?
As always let us know what you think on facebook @inc60 and twitter @incSixty or Contact us.
For the full article and Barry's contact details